The mission stations of Buhiga and Matana have been established in 1935 on beautiful hills of Buhiga in the administrative province of Karusi and at Matana in the administrative province of Bururi. In the following year (1936), the mission station of Buye was established.
These mission stations are the references in the history of the Church in Burundi and have contributed a lot to development progress of communities and of the country in general. Schools initiated in those mission stations are among the first schools which have promoted education of children from different localities of the country. Another major contribution of those mission stations is about hospitals built to take care of people who need medical treatment.
Buhiga Mission Station
Buye Mission Station
Matana Mission Station